Re: [MV] Helen Rally

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 19:39:31 PDT

The Georgia Military Vehicle Preservation Association is putting it on. It
is Sept. 15-16, 2000 in Helen Georgia. Being that I just tried to get a
hotel in town, I can tell you they're all full unless you want to spend
friday & saturday night too. I think the Econo Lodge had rooms available if
you wanted to stay Friday & Saturday. Otherwise I think some members camp
in their vehicles.

Some info from the brochure:
Military Vehicle Show
Saturday Parade
Big Swap Meet
24 hour security

It's $10.00 a vehicle or $10.00 a space for swap meet space.

There is not a judged competition of vehicles.

For information and registration package:
Call Carl Harrison 770-460-8727 or Cal Williams 770-719-0028
or write:
Georgia MVPA
Po Box 415
Fayetteville, Ga 30214

I should be posting some more info on the GAMVPA website soon. There are
already links to some photos on the web from previous Helen on Wheels
shows. I'll email the list when I add more. The address for the site is
http://www.gamvpa.org

Thanks,
Brian Mead