JXD Hercules parts

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 22:03:15 PDT

Hi guys,
Work is progressing slowly but surely on the Scout Car Two. My time in the
sandblasting tent is long and difficult, but very soon the sandblasting of
the chassis will be complete except for the frame horns at the rear which
need a little ride on the frame straightening machine before they're blasted
and painted and the new rear crossmember is put on. As it is a non - spec
job, Scout One's chassis has to go to the shop as well as a source for
specific measurements. Still, the fellows at the shop were interested
enough to come by the house to examine the job before accepting
it......quite a change for them from the ho-hum civilian stuff, no doubt!
They're eager and are giving me a little break on the price to boot. It's
pretty sad to see Scout One sitting out in the driveway, neglected and a
parts donor.......what's worse is she got demilled when she returned to the
states from Greece which is a helluva way to treat a real war veteran. If
the Krauts had carried cutting torches, rather than Schmeissers they may
have one the war!
Looking to the future, I will no doubt be needing a source for misc parts
for that big Herc engine. If anyone would care to post any info along those
lines I'd sure appreciate it. The engine is free and has compression but
its the little things that get ya.....like water pumps, etc, etc, etc.
<Expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed, right?> I want to tweak
whatever I can before committing to plugging that drivetrain back into the
chassis for obvious reasons.
TJ @ timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net
unpaid proprietor and only employee of "The Last Chance Garage" (strictly a
nonprofit organization)