Lunette Eye adaptor

From: Matt (wilfreeman@infoave.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 08:26:13 PDT

Hi List,

   Has anyone made an adaptor to convert a lunette eye (1/4 ton "Jeep"
trailer) to a ball type trailer connector? Has anyone seen them for sale
anywhere?
The reason: I need to transport a 1/4 ton trailer a couple of hundred miles,
and don't want to pull a flatbed trailer to haul the "Jeep" trailer. Of
course the tow vehicle (a 1999 Sonoma) doesn't have a pintle, and I can't
fit an adapter plate to the bumper.

   If no one has made one or seen them for sale, can someone tell what the
diameter of the hole in the lunette eye is?

   Thanks - Matt