Re: [MV] HR 4205 at KC Convention????

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 18:54:33 PDT

> I for one have little problem with refraining from calling the politicians
> myself - "Too many cooks spoil the broth" as they say; but we should all
> keep our nose close to the kitchen door to see if something starts to
> burn...

Politics is what I do. Trust me, "too many cooks don't spoil the political
broth." It's the only thing that politicians understand and respect (other
than a large check).

Always be civil. Be brief and to the point. Explain the problem, and ALWAYS
suggest the solution.

A general rule of thumb for politicians is that every person that shows up at
a rally for an issue counts for 400 other people.

A single letter on an issue is ignored. Dozens of letters represents
thousands of people.

And don't ever let the politician get away with promising to do something or
to look into it.

Dozens of letters a few weeks later works wonders. Kind of a follow up
letter. Dear Senator: I understand that you are looking into the issue that
I wrote to you about. Thank you for your concern. I really hope that I can
count on you to do what I suggested in regard to bill # 1234.

In politics, the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.

Not that any of the politicians are evil per se, but remember that they vote
on lots of bills, and represent lots of people. Without input from folks,
they don't really know. We are doing them a favor.

Doc

<A HREF="Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org">Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org</A>

Visit Us on the WEB! <A HREF="www.CumberlandGOP.org">www.CumberlandGOP.org</A