Re: [MV] HR 4205 at KC Convention????

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 22:05:22 PDT

Mr. Holland addressed this in the general meeting. He was
still waiting more information (congress is out). He was waiting
a for a report on the paper trail of the bill to identify where the
problem was added and at what point and by whom. He indicated
that the government was worried about selling something that maybe
dangerous and having to get it back.

(I remember a guy on 60 minutes
news show that bought a brand new scrubber for a making weapons
grade uranium. He wasn't sure what he bought, so he wrote government
and got plans for it, and the sent them to him. He then wanted a bunch
of money to sell it back to government. but all they offered is what he
paid. He started taking bids from third world countries and so on. All
the parts to the scrubber were new in crates and was supposed to go
in nuclear power house and wasn't built. Guy bought it as scrap then went
back on government.)

He was expecting some answers
on Monday, but Tues. or Wed. is when congress comes back. Mr. Holland
appeared to be on top of the matter and also commented on the Form 6
never ending battle. I was impressed by his speech.

They also discussed a archive of old government drawing, that the MVPA is
receiving.
These are linen drawings of military equipment from tanks to the WW2
blackout
light switch. They had a few copied examples for us to look at. If I
remember right
there was 6,000 pounds of material in the first shipment. These will
eventually be
digitized.

Mr. Holland also addressed a fairly up to date news of the MVPA will be put
on
the MVPA website so he can comment or address items like HR 4205. I am not
sure if it is up yet, but will be. I don't remember the name of it.

I am giving this report as my understanding of what I heard. If you need the
direct
quotes please ask Mr. Holland.

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net