Re: [MV] M35 - How hot do your hubs get??

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 20:42:00 PDT

>One thing you might check is the exhaust port of your air pack make sure it is
>not stopped up or blocked

I can hear the air comming out of there when the engine is off and I pump
the brakes.

> and another is see if the master cylinder is returning
>all the way out they have a tendency to rust on the outside of the piston and
>keep the piston from returning. I am not a good judge of how hot they normally
>get because I very rarely use them I usually downshift a lot which according to
>the book is not the right thing to do to a multifuel engine. I know mine do not
>get this hot.

The drums were warm at best, it was just the hubs i.e. the bearings that
were hot. As to temp, I'd have to guess 150F, certainly well under 212F.
Besides the front hubs were only warm.

I'm heading out for a drive just under 200 miles thursday and then return
sunday and I really don't want to do a hub job on 4 hubs tomorow, I don't
even have all the parts yet. I will eventually do all the rear brakes,
bearings seals, etc but I didn't want to have to do it now.

je