Importing armour-Did it!

From: Renactr2@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 22:06:42 PDT

Just thought I would let anyone know whois interested...

Just last week imported a WWII Ford Universal Carrier (with tracks and
armour). No problems at the border. BATF and Customs said no problem when I
described it. (in fact, as I was saying " it's a Universal carrier, that,
ugh...well, it has tracks..." and the BATF guy said " Oh, a BREN Gun Carrier,
eh?....No problem!"

Customs, State, and BATF had no problem with me bringing it in. Went through
the Broker, Jensen Co. and shipped on a Canadian line called ICE CORP.

Since it was made in Canada and never lend lease, seems it didn't rufflr any
feathers.

I have been off the list for awhile, but I know this was an ongoing question
as to whether or not you could bring in armor. Well, you can!

Cheers
Jim Burrill