Re: [MV] Lunette Eye adaptor

From: KBDewey 42GPW (dirtman42GPW@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 23:44:36 PDT

Matt, I have a 1T Chev with a tool box. I backed the trailer in and set
the tongue on the tail gate. Lashed a piece of carpet under the tongue
and tied the trailer down so it wouldn't move. The wheels were up
against the wheel wells of the truck and the trailer fit just inside.
This was a M100. I carried the 2x12 x 10ft planks used for ramps on
either side of the trailer on edge. I hauled the trailer from Seattle to
Medford where I traded it for a 1944 Converto 1/2T airborne Dump
trailer which weighs 700 lbs. I carried that trailer inthe truck back.

Now instead of getting a lunette adapter get a pintle hitch/ball
combination hitch at Napa for around $90. This will fit into a standard
receiver and is versatile too.

It is easier on the trailer to haul it and faster for travel. But if you
are going along way you can also use the trailer to pick-up more OD
treasure on way home too. And u can justify to your signifant other that
a trailer full tows better than empty. Later Keith Dewey, Secretary of
the Puget Sound MVCC.