Re: [MV] mil-surplus

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 12:08:30 PDT

Sort of around the time that Gore's buddies, Levy-Latham got involved in the
dealings wasn't it?

If big money, big business, political fat cats, can figure an angle that
will make them another buck on the fast track, watch out, it's gonna get
tried. It will be at the expense of the taxpayers, you and me. We're
considered a very small percentage, not well represented, and a pushover.
Easy pickings for the taking. After all, who's gonna bitch loud about a
bunch of old military surplus junk, when the opinion analysts can say that a
bigger percentage want even SUVs banned?

If we don't make ourselves heard, and heard loud enough, to let the
population as a whole know, and the politicians know, that we take our hobby
very seriously, and as a pursuit of our happiness, then we will be the ones
to blame if we loose this hobby and these freedoms.

I've written my congressmen and asked for it to be looked in to, and I know
a few of you others have, but how many of you have not? If the 'silent
majority', of a few years back, can get taken for a ride, what's gonna
happen to a very silent, very few.

I picture myself as a single cog in a very large, very green machine. I'm
starting to squeak. How about the rest of you cogs? How about the rest of
you historic military vehicle collectors, hobbyists, users and enjoyers?
How about you business owners that may have your livelihoods in jeopardy?

I enjoy tinkering around on this green stuff. I find it relaxing,
entertaining, and sometimes even profitable. I don't want to stand aside
while someone else tells me that I can't. That I can't enjoy it, without
becoming a criminal and breaking their law. A law that I don't want to see
get the chance of ever getting passed.

Very irate Irishman
John Doherty

"Lots and lots" of green, brown, black and tan stuff.