Re: [MV] 9% want SUV's banned. Think about this

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 18:27:45 PDT

Folks, lets not fall into the trap of those who would steal our freedoms.
This is NOT about the merit's of SUV's or any other legal item.

9% think SUV's should be banned, and believe that there is nothing wrong with
this idea.

Look at what we've evolved into. A country where even 9% of the citizenry
believes that there is nothing wrong with BANNING things that they don't like.

This is kind of scary to me.

It starts with the debate over safety or other nonsense. Then after being
repeated over and over again, the idea becomes accepted. Then, they are gone.

Look at global warming. Competent scientists on both sides of this issue are
still debating if such a thing exists, and if it does exist, aren't sure if
it's a problem.

Yet, it's accepted by many as a given fact.

Look at us....... we've fallen into the argument, going back and forth on the
merits of SUV's. The issue is not the merits of SUV's. The issue is: Who
decides what products are available for sale in our Country? My reading of
the Constitution, reveals that it isn't the role of the Federal Government to
decide.

Doc

<A HREF="Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org">Chairman@CumberlandGOP.org</A>

Visit Us on the WEB! <A HREF="www.CumberlandGOP.org">www.CumberlandGOP.org</A