RE: [MV] military vehicles on TV

From: Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 22:01:41 PDT

Jack....

Yes, publicity is good! A fellow does a weekly TV show here in the Seattle
area on car shows. Today he taped his opening and closing using the Ferret!
And the goofy thing won not one but two awards - one for "Most Lug Nuts"
(??) and a Special Interest Award. It's interesting that in the four
"official" shows that I have attended, the Ferret has not only drawn big
crowds and high interest, it has also won five awards. I don't care about
the awards - I have so many from my street rods that the trophies are
stacking up in the garage, but it IS fun to show the kids the rig and let
them get inside so dad can take a picture. I make sure that our local club
patches are prominently displayed on the turret (Puget Sound Military
Vehicle Collector Club) and I mention our purpose is to save these vehicle
from the scrap heap and enjoy them, along with the military history they
represent.

Fellow MVers like you (Jack) and Robin (Craig) and the many others all over
the world that take their "big green things" out of their garage, from under
the big blue tarps, or wherever they have to hide them because of local
laws, and go to the shows, deserve credit for helping the cause. I've driven
my Ferret over 1,400 miles since December 29, 1999. Considering it only goes
out only on weekends, that's pretty good. I'm sure many others do the same,
and put even more miles on their machines. We all pay high gas costs, show
registration fees, incur mechanical expenses and usually receive nothing but
the satisfaction we get from the "thumbs up" along the road or seeing some
kid's grin when he's seated behind the wheel of a "tank". That's what this
hobby is all about!!!

KEEP 'EM ROLLING!!!!

Ian Wallace
MVPA #20862