Re: [MV] Spence Demil bill Update?

From: t.glance@att.net
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 07:06:14 PDT

List,

I guess I get carried away from time to time, I just get
very frustrated when I see what amounts to the constant
efforts by some in this country to erode any rights we
may have. I intended the message solely as humor, and
guess I should have stuck a disclaimer on it.

On a similar note, what do we do if this legislation
does pass. While I am doing all I can right now to
prevent it, I fear that it may still pass. Then what?
Let them take it, then file a lawsuit and, 6 months
after it has been destroyed, let the courts say "they
can't do that"? Or do we hide everything in the barn
under a haystack and not enjoy it anymore? What is the
best means to fight this once it does become law, if it
does? While we should all be fighting the battle against
the current legislation, we should also be preparing for
the possibility that it may pass.

Tim