FS: 1959 USMC Ford F-100 Step side Pickup

From: JASON GREEN (the_server_sucks@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 07:39:14 PDT

I have recently come across a very nice restorable USMC property 1959 Ford
F-100 pickup. Like I said above it is a step side. The engine needs to be
replaced or rebuilt. The story behind the engine is that about 10 years ago
it blew a head gasket started to leak, the owner took the heads off to
replace it and never got around to putting it back together, so the
cylinders have some surface rust. The engine is a 293 I believe. I would
go ahead and get a crate motor or just rebuild this one. The truck has
spent the last 15 years in a garage, but the paint is faded but you can
still see the original markings. The inside of the truck is nice, needs to
be cleaned and the bench seat needs to have one spot recovered. The head
liner needs to be replaced or retacked up. There are a few pin holes on the
passanger side step on the rear bed. The only other rust in in the very
front of the bed and is very minor. I hope I have covered all the flaws
with this truck, now on to the good things.

  The truck has about 52K orginal miles on it. The cab and bed are almost
perfectly straight. All glass except the diriver window is there and in
very good shape. All rubber except tires is in excellent shape. The truck
has an automatic tranny (was working fine when parked). Military welded a
metal bed bottom over the original wood in the rear bed. The tail gate is
in very nice shape. The cab and front of truck is just about perfect.
Exhaust system looks nice. The markins on the truck are as follows:

Front bumper:

   About 3 ft of white band in middle of bumper with "TAXI" on it.

Tail Gate: USMC
         For Offical Use Only

Dash: MAX SPEED 45

Doors: Can't seem to make it out, too faded.

  The doors are the best closing doors I have ever come across, they close
perfect.

  The USMC data plate is located on the fire wall inside the engine
compartment. Also USMC property tag is on the drivers side door frame.

  2.5K OBO will take it.
Jason
912-794-3566