Re: [MV] for islander

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:23:33 PDT

Steve,
My beef with that fella is he condones cheating on taxes, PUBLICLY, on this
list. I cannot say or do anything to change his moral character....however,
we MV-ers are under close scrutiny. I cannot imagine how this man could be
so simple minded as not to see the damage he might do to our MV interests by
off-hand commentaries like the one he made. Already many irrationally brand
us as militants, simply because we like old MV's. It would not be hard for
these same folks to classify us as tax cheats as well, just by some offhand
comment made on this list. Steve, I have had direct dealings with some of
these whacky militant group's members right here in Texas and they are a
very misguided, frightening, paranoid bunch...VERY much against ANYTHING
having to do with our government. They print their own money, write checks
drawn on imaginary banks and no doubt, don't pay their taxes. (Thankfully I
can say I have never met one who owns a MV.) Sounds like a Hollywood movie
plot but they are by God for real! People are worried about them
(especially in this day and age) and folks are willing to let the
legistators create some very broad laws to do something about
it.....including taking away your MV and mine no matter how nice we really
are. So Mr. Farmntown is NOT HELPING US keep our MV's out of harm's way by
publicly condoning this type of behavior.
By the way, I come from a farming community and farmers are generally great
folks.....they receive breaks and assistance from the government and need
and deserve all the help they are legally entitled to for the legitimate
furtherance of a farm business enterprise.....but no more than that.
TJ