Re: [MV] Here's link to Battery switch.

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:01:04 PDT

"Les Newman" <lnewman@tridium.com> wrote:
> http://www.westmarine.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=201&prrf
> nbr=7658&outlet=

Hella Australia makes a larger switch that I was considering for use
in my MVs, but I haven't found a source for it in the US yet:

    http://www.hella.com.au/catalogue/a_z_pdf/b_pdf/batt_switch.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat (or something equivalent) to view that link.
The switch I had in mind is #4653, on page 2. The continuous rating at
24V is 100A, with a 10 second surge rating of 2500A. It has a
removable lever, which wouldn't offer any real security, but would at
least discourage tampering a bit, and help prevent somebody from
accidentally turning it on while you're making repairs and have wires
dangling.

The switch that Les found looks like #4650, which is on the same page.

That APC shutoff switch that was mentioned in other posts sounds
interesting, especially since it's a military part. Does anybody have
a picture, part number, etc. that they could share? Does it have a
removable lever, or provisions for locking it?

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/