PT3 Update

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 15:35:15 PDT

First, thanks to all who offered support, moral and physical. PT3 is a very
special boat, and when I get the website built, you will learn just how
special a military vehicle this boat is.

Here is the status. Today, all the volunteers who showed up assisted in
removing any items from the boat which might be pilfered. Someone has
already stolen the wheel, bell, and original US lanterns from her while she
was in distress. Then, the former owner, who LIVED on her for almost 25
years, did a hull survey. The divers hired earlier managed to patch some of
the holes in the hull caused by old pilings. They also managed to remove
the chief problem piling from the muck, freeing PT3 to move around.
However, there is one 2x3 foot hole still there caused by that stubborn
piling. Tomorrow, more professional divers are coming to place airbags,
raise her up, and then place a patch over this large breach. If she is then
seaworthy, we are going to try and tow her to a safer location, perhaps the
marine railway she was recently headed for to have hull work done.

Once again, the owner and I appreciate all the assistance offered and given
on this difficult project. If anybody is up for helping tomorrow, please
contact me at 410-675-2106 before 11:00 PM this evening. The boat is
located in Southern New Jersey, near Swedesboro.

john@astory.com
http://www.astory.com