Re: [MV] Who's on First? (HR-4205)

From: Chris (cdavis@mail.johnsonmfg.net)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:08:35 PDT

I suspect (and hope) it is indeed the same Lee Holland of the MVPA. Mr.
Holland represents responsible HMV owners who are concerned about the
impact of this bill on their hobby. Mr. Holland has said that he is
working closely with the powers that be regarding this bill and this phone
tag scenario seems to prove that.

I've only had one conversation with Lee Holland, but I was very impressed
with him. I believe he's working hard to keep this hobby going, and the
fact that the Senator seams to know Mr. Holland well enough to refer
concerned calls to him is a good sign in my book.

Send a quick e-mail to the MVPA, I'll bet we'll get better information from
them than 20 calls to government offices. Not to say David's efforts are
not worth while... but knowing that they ended up at Lee Holland's door is
a good thing, not a bad one.

My .02

(And no, I'm not a relative or on the MVPA payroll or anything.)

At 04:35 PM 8/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Let's see. A Lee Holland is the president of the MVPA. By way of the
>passed buck, a lister was referred by government employees to a Lee Holland
>as being the point of contact for inquiries regarding the demil issues of
>4205. How does Mr Lee Holland make his living? Is he a government
>employee? Is he a registered political lobbyist?
>
>Why would he be the referenced point of contact, and not be speaking up
>about what is going on? If indeed it is the same individual. If it is
>truly different people, it's a strange coincidence.
>
>John

Chris Davis
'53 M37
'43 GPW