re: low sulfer diesel fuel

From: JEFF HAIN-MATSON (flmv@flmv.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 05:00:03 PDT

your correct.
the reason that government and emergency vehicles are exempt form using low
sulfur diesel is a special exemption passed by congress +-90 days after we all
had the crap fuel rammed down our throats. the army showed a study it did in
europe 4 or 5 years before we got the fuel here, there conclusion was that if you
use low sulfur diesel fuel in a vehicle exclusively the end result is
"CATASTROPHIC FAILURE" of the engine in the vehicle. this is due mostly to the
much lower lubricity and the fact that the new fuel shrinks rubber instead of
expanding it. just ask any pump shop, they can tell you all about it.

its not just a tax issue.

jeff

--
JEFF HAIN-MATSON