Scout Car data

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:47:07 PDT

Dear list.....

If I may interrupt the red dye thread (which, by the way, I must say I
regret ever joining in on)...... :^)

I'd like to move on to something a little more productive........ for me and
my fellow "Scouties" at least.

Has any one of you ever come across any type of data for M3A1 Scout Cars
where they are listed by year of manufacture and serial number? If so, I
would really like to know where I can get my hands on it.

In the absence of such data, I was thinking of inviting Scout owners (and
those of you who know where Scouts lie in repose) to send me certain
information about these Scouts that I could organize into some kind of
database for all to enjoy.

For example, I would ask for basic VERIFIED - V E R I F I E D - VERIFIED
information such as:

Serial number (data plate number, cross checked with the frame number or
ONLY frame number if data plate is missing)....the frame number is stamped
into the roadside face of the left frame rail directly above the front axle
tube.
Year of manufacture
Hood number
Condition (complete, incomplete but recoverable, scrapped)
GENERAL Location (such as region and country..for example "Western United
States".....that way if you have had your eye on one for "someday," you can
participate but keep it your secret until you're ready to pounce on it)

Any UN-verified information and remarks might be useful too, but this
information could not used to create any researchable data.

If I receive a managable response I will collate the information and return
this information to the participants. If I get "snowed under" with
participants.

Any ideas.....comments.....criticisms ???????

Respectfully submitted for your approval,
TJ