4205

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 18:00:49 PDT

List,

While I am as concerned as everyone else I would just like to make a comment
that has no basis in fact......merely an observation based on the
information I have received (which is probably far from comprehensive.)

I very seriously doubt that Uncle Sam will be paying a visit to those of us
who are already MV owners or militaria collectors in order to cut up our
green stuff. It is inconceivable to me that this could be done without some
serious constitutional issues being raised. So I won't be burying my Scout
in the backyard this week.

On the other hand, I could see all kinds of current militaria being cut up
before it is sold off. This has always been Uncle Sam's perogative as it is
his to do with as he pleases until transferring ownership to others
(excluding Eminant Domain issues.) Too bad.

Keep em rollin'!
TJ