Re: [MV] HR-4205 update (Talked to MVPA)

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 17:02:21 PDT

Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk writes:

<< I am flabbergasted and seething that my MV colleagues,
 wherever they might be, should be so oppressed; it makes no sense, none at
 all. For fear of another tirade from the large, southern State, how can it
 be that the oft quoted beacon of liberalism, opportunity and freedom can
 freely allow some seriously dangerous implements to one and all but then
 shape up to effectively remove all the innocuous old MVs from private
 ownership >>

Dear Listers.....
I, too, as a citizen of the "Mother of Democracies" am at a loss to
understand what is going on in the Land of the Free.
What puzzles me even more is that the proponent of this Bill (Spence) is a
Republican......... a member of a political party that is supposedly
committed to "less" government, not more !
And what confounds me further is the fact that List Members regularly extoll
the virtues of voting for the Republicans !!!.
If Spence and his policy is an example of Republican ideas of "individual
freedoms", then if I was in the USA, I think I'd be voting for Ralph Nader
and his Independents....... Like it or not, at least Nader gives it to you
straight.

Kind regards.....
Ken