Demilling: Money talks

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 16:49:43 PDT

Esteemed listers,

What strikes me square in the eyes about all this is the effect that 'special interests" now have in "our" government. We may never get to the rat in this particular woodpile, but you can bet it was one or more groups with a financial interest in seeing our stuff destroyed. This brings me to the point: If the new system is going to work this way, and one cannot be represented fairly, then perhaps we need to consider "buying" our own congressman/senator before someone else does? How much money does it take to have one of these raving child molestors go to work every day and vote on your behalf? Do we have enough to get the job done? If it were possible, would you be willing to ante up with the "dues" to get it done? The other side obviously is. I say let's form a committee to study the subject, and then get it up and running. If our opposition can have their own collared congressmen, why can't we? BTW, we all know what government officials all love more than life itself,!
  so when writing one of them, be kind and civil, and include a pint of cheap whiskey and a couple of decent whorehouse tokens. You can catch more flies with honey, as the saying goes....
A serious note before closing: This whole affair smells to high heaven. We have missing text sections online, differing statements about a bill's status, the MOST curious MVPA involvement, and all the other trappings of a scam here. Someone subverted the legal process to get this passed, and I aim to find out who. Anyone with me? I'd like to see Butch Reno assign a special prosecutor to this affair, on a day when her pessary is not aggravating her too badly. If we can only get her on our side...that's one mean tough woman there! I'd put her up against anyone in a dark freight elevator! Whoa!