Re: [MV] Overwidth Problem

From: DaveCole (davidcole@tk7.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:27:15 PDT

Are you reading the specs including the mirrors? I don't think that mirrors
count in the width measurement.

In Indiana it is 102" also. I'm pretty sure that is nationwide. 10 tonners
are definitely overwidth. But the military doesn't need permits, so what do
they care? Also if you run an overwidth semi or heavy truck you have to
have a CDL even if you are a farmer. Now someone should have told a farmer
I saw last year this. He decided to carry a combine head down the road
cross wise on this flatbed truck. I think it was pretty close to 20 feet
wide and I doubt that he had a permit!

Dave