Re: [MV] Overwidth Problem

From: Everett Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 18:54:49 PDT

I purchased a 115" wide truck from DRMO in Ft.Campbell, Ky. I got permits
and everything to drive truck home, After I got the truck home in cleaning
out the glove compartment I found overwidth permit issued to National Guard
unit in Tenn - good for one year -- if you get one you have to get it for
every trip.

And as far as CDL's -- Tenn. said that if I was not paid to drive truck -
did not get paid for hauling anything - did not carry paying passengers --
The would consider truck to be a RV and I was exempt from CDL -- but I
cannot haul anything for anyone and even accept a cup of coffee as payment.
(truck weights 37000) and normaly anything over 26,000 calls for CDL's

Everette

>From my cold dead hands

___

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of
freedoms of the people by gradual and silent
encroachment of those in power than by violent
and sudden usurpation's

JAMES MADISON