Re: [MV] Trade for M37 speedometer

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 20:50:18 PDT

>My M38A1 seems to have a speedometer for a 3/4 ton truck. It consistently
>shows that I am going slower than my actual speed. Does anyone have a jeep
>speedometer that they would like to trade for this one? It is in good
>shape.

The speedo heads (at least mil stuff in the US) should all be the same.
They should all read 60mph at 1000 rpm of the cable or 1000 revolutions of
the cable per mile traveled. Maybe you have the wrong gear(s) in the
transfer case? either that or the speedo itself is bad. Take it to a
speedometer shop and have them test it.

je