Re: [MV] My earlier comment

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 22:25:36 PDT

Having discussed the M35-Trailer-CDL situation with my local DOT
supervisor. I was told that as long as the truck had Historic plates, the
DOT boys would not look at it twice, and had no interest in it. But if used
for commercial use, you better have your Class 1 CDL and the truck should
be up to snuff.

I am towing a 20K # capacity float with a M35. The float carries one of my
M114s, a total towed weight of 17,500 pounds. The truck has historic motor
plates. As you can see, the total combined weight would require a Class 1
CDL for commercial use.

Jon