RE: [MV] I M M E D//N05760/N05860//MVPA LEGISLATIVE ACTION

From: Rayfield, Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/ANTEON (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 05:10:35 PDT

Jonathan,

1. My personal opinion on this is that HQ MVPA should take advantage of
this list, but Lee's opinion in that he should not clog up a list designed
for individual enthusiasts with all of his official MVPA traffic.

2. I respectfully disagree with Lee on this, and feel he should add
"mil-veh@skylee.com" in the cc line of things from the standpoint of
        a. force-feeding info to all enthusiasts, members or not
        b. encouraging all non-MVPA member listees to join
        c. coordinating with Arthur Kyle to distribute info (again,
force-feeding)

3. Lee feels that since the MVPA homepage is open to all, members and
non-members, he can just as easily put his NOTALs (Notices to all) there on
the site for all, members and non-members to go to for "the word."

4. Although I believe in more extensive usage of this list, it is his
perogative to either use it or not to use it, and he has choosen to put out
"the word" via the MVPA webpage. This is a mute point, because the fact of
the matter is, he IS putting out the word, and we know where to go to get it
[www.mvpa.org]. I am glad that he as an individual at least monitors the
site, and do not think it inappropriate; and as individual ethusiasts in the
overall hobby of collecting historic military vehicles and associated
equipment, they have everyright to monitor it and I would encourage them to
continue to do so.

5. I think our energies would be better spent joining it and supporting
what Lee Holland is doing instead of debating HOW the word is put out,
because the fact is, it is out, and the MVPA needs all of the numbers of
historic military vehicle collectors and enthusiasts that we can draw
together to present a UNITED FRONT on the issues confronted this hobby.

R. S. Rayfield, Jr.
Major USMC (Ret)