wassup wit dat?

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 23:23:02 PDT

Hi guys.
I'm reporting back to you after another successful day of sandblasting. The
transfer case crossmember was a 24 carat gold plated MUTHA and as usual,
after the last load of sand was completely gone I found a few little places
I missed. But, offsetting today's little screw-up, I had taken the time to
go to the storage shelves where all the little sub-systems for the Scout are
boxed up and waiting renewal, and pulled out a few items and included them
in the sandblasting, so now I have a few more items finished, painted and
back on the shelf waiting to be bolted back on the Scout. I love doing the
little stuff cause it fulfills my needs for immediate gratification.....DANG
it looks GOO-OO-OOD (unlike the chassis which is taking forever but will be
equally beautiful someday!)

Thanks to all you fellows who sent me the advice on saving my hood's
lens....or at least lengthening its life. I have been buying Lexan or
Plexiglas (whatever is in the scrap bin at the plastic place) and cutting
replacement lenses for the hood, which has worked well.....just annoying
when the lens is near needing to be replaced!

On another topic......seems there is some dissention in the ranks about
owning WWII and/or post WWII vehicles. Are we choosing up sides? Wassup
wit dat?? I'd like to see some of you share your preference with the rest
of us and back that up with the reasons you feel that way about it. Then we
could compare reasons why we like one or the other, and I'm betting they'd
be pretty much the same. I'd also say that the guys who own the newer stuff
might oughtta not get too snotty about it....Mr. Spence may send someone to
collect all that newer stuff and he may just decide to let us old farts keep
our WWII stuff. THEN where will you be?......probably collecting old farm
tractors..... BORING! (Relax, just kidding guys.)

G'nite....and DREAM GREEN!
TJ