Re: [MV] Mystery Jeep Trailers

From: Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 10:55:30 PDT

Maurizio said:
> that place and have some picture too: look at the brake handle, round
> fenders (obviously..)

Not so obvious as you might think! There are similar trailers to the MBT that
were used in WW2 that have three-sided fenders. These were the Australian No.3
and 4 trailers, very close to the MBTs but with slightly different construction
and foot differences. (The reason for the different fender is that it was higher
away from the wheel, and did not suffer as much from bogging problems on pacific
islands like the american trailer.)
http://phaedra.apana.org.au/austtrlr.html has a picture. I have a photo of
an MBT and a No.3 side by side, I'll have to scan it and put that up sometime.

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au
(apologies for the date format in the message, I'm still working on it!)