Re: [MV] Mystery Jeep Trailers

From: Maurizio Beretta (pierino@tin.it)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 15:08:37 PDT

In 21.09 27/08/00 +0000, hai scritto:

>I have looked up the article 'Jeep Trailers' in Wheels & Tracks magazine
>issue no. 32.

Hi Hanno,

I've the article right in front of me..

>Willys-Overland produced nearly 60,000

59956...

>of their Model T3 trailers, American
>Bantam produced 73,569 of their Model MB-T trailers. The article >mentions
Contract and USA registration numbers.

unfortunately, they are talking about war time only.

>The main difference between the Bantam T3 and the Willys MB-T was that the
>T3 had Gabriel shock absorbers, attached with nuts; the MB-T had Monroe
>units, attached with cotter pins.

yes, mine has Monroe and cotter pins

> Other differences were minor and of no importance.
>After WW2 replica models were made in ...

abot differences, we can talk about the data plate location, the body
renforcements, tail gate, serial number location , spring holders, light switch
location, water drain, holes in the rear chassis, etc...

>Regards,
>Hanno Spoelstra

I saw few of these different trailers, and every time one or more of these
items are not relative to an original MBT.

the only one that I've seen since now with ALL items BUT the serial number in
the correct location is the one I'm restoring.

I'll be grateful to anyone that can suggest me WHERE to look for the CONTRACT
identification!!

the data plate details are:

TRAILER 2 WHEELS ¼ TON

SUPPLY ARM OR SERVICE
MAINTANING VEHICLE_____________________ORDNANCE
MAKE AND MODEL _____________________ WILLYS MB. T.
SERIAL NUMBER________________00 83
GROSS WEIGHT____________________________1050 LBS.
MAXIMUM PAYLOAD _________________________500 LBS.
MAXIMUM SPEED ___________________________65 M.P.H.
CUBIC CONTENT__________________________30.4 CU. FT.
DATE OF DELIVERY_____________30 4 60

PARTS LIST_______________________________SNL G-529
MAINTENANCE MANUAL___________________TM 10-1230
CONTRACT DA-91-516-EUC-609 CONFOR-ROME
MFG BY O.R.S.A.L. LATINA ITALY

tks

maurizio
 | | Maurizio BERETTA mailto:pierino@tin.it
/_/()||||()\_\ http://members.xoom.com/pierino
|_\ o||||o /_| Chiasso, 11
|----JeeP----| I - Milan 20155 ICQ # 8438805
|_| |_| ph. + 39 023270228 fax + 39 023270228