Re: [MV] Mystery Jeep Trailers

From: Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 01:22:23 PDT

At 11.56 27/08/00 +0200, MAURIZIO wrote:
>there is a french book ( "JEEPS" I think, but I can be more accurate
>tonight, when back home..) that picture trailers copies: all of them have
>significant differences from the original.
>BUT...we are not talking about a COPY: mine seems an ORIGINAL one, "Willys"
>brand, BUT built in Italy, and built in 1960 too!!!!

>maurizio

Aug 28 2000

Maurizio
I think the JEEP book you refer to is the French book by
Becker & Dentzer. I have it. It is expensive, but it is a good book (good
books are always expensive, is not it?)
However, there is a website with pictures of the French jeep trailer. It
does have a spare wheel too on the frontpanel! I shall find it and send the
URL to the List later.

Concerning your trailer, if it does have "original" parts, it has NOT been
"built" in Italy, it has been ASSEMBLED in Italy. Yes, It is original!

I too, am looking for differences in MBT, Bantam and M100 trailers... I
have not been able to get much info... A book on them will be a good idea.
I am printing from the web as many pictures as I can find (Mazomania, are
you around?) to see and file the differences...
While at Beltring I have seen many, many jeep trailers with round fenders
(many were brought by vendors to transport their goodies to sell): well,
many of them had different rear panels, some were straight, some had
channels (but different design...). I was not able to take pictures due to
very limited space, although I had two very good wideangle objectives, it
was not possible to take good photos...

Regards,

Panzergrau rules!
(This is for Andreas!)

Raimondo - M.V.P.A. 15878 & I.M.P.S. 2320