Re: [MV] Good P.R.

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 01:21:24 PDT

"Ed Woolverton"
?????

Oh yes...he was responsible for one of my vehicles being kept in Federal
Custody for over 5 months....a small man with alot of FEDERAL
power........who cared less about anyone's rights or property..........

In my opinion the US Government has more Police agency's, and offices to
control
>the population than any other country on Earth.

Its our own fault.....

Jon

At 12:28 PM 8/28/00 +0800, ljh wrote:
>Henry:
>
>I am very glad you have posted this message as it does give a very bright,
>positive light, to MV collectors and our hobby. Many times in my home of
>Sullivan County New York, I and my equipment, were invited to many events
such
>as, County run Air Shows, Memorial Day, Fourth of July Parades, and County
>Functions, such as Octoberfest party's and the like. Never did the Local
>Governments offer to pay even for my fuel. Their Attitude was that they were
>being clever and using my equipment for free Advertisement and promotion of
>their events. I in turn kept my mouth shut and thought of the positive
influence
>that I could bring to the Hobby and my fellow collectors.
>
>Whatever happened to "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"??? I don't
>know.
>
>As far as the bill to demil and destroy the vehicles that we collect some
years
>back the name "Ed Woolverton" at TACOM came up in my endeavors to obtain 2,
>M60A3 MBT's for a Museum in New York. It was him personally who put a stop to
>this even after I had received written authorization to pick them up from
Fort
>Drum. Ed is also a Civilian Employee of the ARMY. To watch out Freedoms be
>slowly removed by a "Government by the People, of the People and for the
People"