Re: [MV] Fw: Synthetic oil, what the...?!

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 16:49:47 PDT

>Name brand oils are fine..always have and always will be...BUT...what sort
>of lubricants do they use in aircraft ??? Where the best possible
>lubrication is a life or death situation..?? Hmmm...synthetic of course.
>The dead critters and weeds oil does not stand up to the needs of a really
>working engine...like a jet...or a 600 horse race car...where synthetics are
>also used almost exclusivly... The swamp oils are just fine for our
>MV's...and most of the US Govt... Oh well...to each his own.

Well..... yea. If an engine is designed such that it requires something
special then you better use it but if your going to use a special (and
expensive) oil just because it's used somewhere else, I'd say your wasting
you money. If you want testimonials I can come up with plenty of them, like
most of us, how about a 300k mile diesel Toyota that's had nothing but Farm
and Fleet brand 10W30, still burns no measurable amount of oil, starts well
below 0 (deg F)...... Whatever?????

je