Re: [MV] No Problems with Oil

From: Richard Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 22:49:49 PDT

List,
A friend of mine whose mechanical ability I respect (he maintains a fleet of trucks
for an electrical street lighting firm) recommends NOT using synthetic oils in
motorcycles, specifically four strokes. Most modern four strokes use the same oil
for the engine and gearbox. The synthetic oil causes the oil bath clutch to slip.
It seems the oil is TOO slippery for the clutch design.

The only Military Vehicle I can think of that this applies to is the Kawasaki 250
cc that some NATO forces use.

Back in my hole now,
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA