Re: [MV] CA hardtop law?

From: Randy Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 08:09:41 PDT

Well that's a new one. I guess we won't be able to register some new SUVs
either because they have soft tops too.
Seriously, some people want to use these trucks for contract fire support
when the western states start to burn ( ahhh, like right now ). It is my
understanding that the US forest service and the CDF won't contract trucks
without a hardcab. This goes for their equipment also. This may be where
that rumor got started. If the guy is for real, tell him to go to another
DMV, where they might have a clue. Cab tops are not an issue ( so don't
bring it up ), operational brakes and lights are.

Randy