Re: [MV] HR-4205, MVPA, EAA, NRA..........

From: Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 08:21:04 PDT

At 09:33 AM 8/30/00 -0700, Antoine wrote:
> As you correctly said, there are
>a number of listers here (me for one, as everyone knows) who are NOT
>supporters of the NRA and its methods (not necessarily "anti-gunners",
>though, I have a small collection) and I for one would instantly drop my
>membership to the MVPA if it was to embrace such an alliance "made in hell".

Ah, to be demonized {"hell" is your term, not mine, so I think
"demonization" is a fair characterization of what you're doing to me) by
people who are supposed to be my allies.

Look, fanning the flames against a group of people who are fighting another
but related fight will NOT further your cause. If you think sacrificing
guns will save your (and my) HMVs, you're sadly mistaken.

"Divide and conquer" is a time-honored military axiom because it works. The
people who fear either guns or MVs will, in general, fear both, and those
are the ones who want to see them taken away. Before the US Congress right
now is a bill that will, whether that was the intent or not, make taking our
MVs away possible. We should be looking for all the political allies we
can. If we snub our noses at the NRA--and you really ought to consider that
many of us ARE the NRA--our mutual opponents will have found their job that
much easier.

Personally, I don't have any interest in making their job easier.

Steve Allen
Old Car Hobbiest
HMV Hobbiest
Firearms Hobbiest
Model Building Hobbiest
Who wants to see the government kept out of ALL of the above.