Re: [MV] When they came for the *'s, I said nothing.......

From: John Doherty (mofta@farmerstel.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 21:19:41 PDT

Well, we could get someone with extremely good literary skill, write an
email with the specific request to delete the offensive section 361 from
HR4205. State that it denies varied groups among the population of the
U.S.A. their rights afforded protection under the constitution and the bill
of rights. Send a copy of this email request to every group of people that
we can possibly think of that will be affected by this legislation. Add
their group to the list of groups. Each individual on each list should sign
this email, forward it to everyone on their list, requesting that they add
their signature and forward it to someone else, also adding that each person
forward a copy of the email to every senator and congressman on the
committee reviewing HR4205, and to the Whitehorse.

You get the gist of the idea, the response could snowball quite rapidly.
Just think of how many different groups that we alone have considered being
affected.

Remember, the president signed the law making electronic signatures legally
acceptable.

Ideas? Flaming arrows? Other suggestions?

John

If nothing else, someone could come up with a basic letter which we could
all use as a form letter for individual responses to all those members of
the committee.