Re: [MV] good vs bad diesels

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 22:32:49 PDT

Agreed to the extent that some brands of engines are prone to this and some aren't. There are other issues on which to judge engine quality however..it doesn't all come down to cavitation damage. The herc in the M35 series is especially prone to this problem, because it idles like a cotton gin, and was worse before some changes were made, but I don't think anyone would rate it as a bad engine. It serves well for its intended use. My rule of thumb in buying a diesel driven truck is to carefully evaluate the engine mounts. If they are fatigued or broken, you probably also have cavitation damage.

>>This is not a "Diesel" issue this is an issue for SOME Diesels. snip snip
cavitation errosion and pitting problem has never been an issue, it has.....snip snip...
There are properly designed and built Diesels and there are improperly
designed and built Diesels.

Later,

je

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@skylee.com>