Re: [MV] More on HR4205.....Thank you EAA!

From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr (kelloggd@uthscsa.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 10:02:21 PDT

>Overshadowed by the HR4205 rumblings was a similarly swingeing bit of EU
>(trendy green) legislation on "end of life" requirements for old vehicles
>correct disposal, you may recall I mentioned the FBHVC as an umbrella
>organisation and there is of course the Federation Internationale Vehicules
>Anciens (FIVA), the FBVHC reports "The major turning point in lobbying the
>European Parliament was undoubtedly the rally organised by FIVA (of which
>FBHVC is a member) in Strasbourg last October when over 1,000 vehicles
>assembled from all over Europe and a 27,000 strong petition was personally
>handed to the President of the EU."
>
>The result was a re-write of the oppressive law that would have taken away
>all collectors vehicles and parts donors.
>
>United we stand. . . . . . . . . .

RIchard's post illustrates the point of forming federations between groups
of collectors prefectly. THIS IS THE TYPE OF THING MVPA SHOULD BE DOING.

Lest divided we fall........

Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD
Department of Medicine
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
(210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu