WW2 Leyland Retriever 6 x 4, 3 Ton Trooper

From: Tim (tcb@hasher.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 06:48:47 PDT

Hi List

Please forgive me if this ends up being duplicated... I tried posting
yesterday and the message appears to have disappeared completely... so I'm
trying again.

A friend of mine has just acquired a rare Leyland Retriever Trooper, the
date on the vehicle log book is 1932, but we're not sure this is correct.

The vehicle is 95% complete and whist it had stood in a farmer's field for
25yrs, the engine fired up first go after the magneto was repaired.... so it
is running and driving, but in need of restoration.

The vehicle is currently in the Workshops at Bletchley Park Museum in the
UK - We need to find several items already... no doubt the list will grow...

Radiator and Cowling (Believed to be the same as the Hippo)
Steering Wheel
Manual (Photocopy is fine)
Manufacturers information, production figures etc
Cab roof Details
Photos in service.

There is a photo on the Bletchley Park MT Website:

http://www.motorpool.org.uk/Vehicles/Leyland.htm

If anyone can assist with us with this project, could they either email both
me timbell@hasher.demon.co.uk and gordon.beale@tesco.net (both of us ensures
we get it - Gordon has had email problems recently)

Many thanks

Tim