Re: Rokon's in military?

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 18:52:23 PDT

Dave wrote:
>Hi List
>
>I remember a thread about Rokon motorcycles from a year or two ago, but I
>can't find it in the archives. My question is: Were Rokon 2wd motorcucles
>ever used or at least tested by the U.S. military?

      The Rokon was tested by the military at the RAVE II test course in
Auburn Hills, Michigan in the late 1960's. It was tested in a "shoot-out"
between a dozen or so other vehicles including a M-151, motorized
wheelbarrow, lawn tractors, mechanical mule and a real live army mule (the
four footed kind!).
                   Jim

James T. Gilmore
2565 Wiethoff, Inkster Michigan 48141