Roof Bows

From: steve shaw (gyrene37@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 05:46:45 PDT

I need some info on cargo cover roof bows for M-37's and earlier. I
recently picked up some roof bows complete with leather straps and was told
they were for the WWII WC Dodge trucks. These have the "seams" where the
two halves join on the sides and the strap holder is held by one bolt
through the center going from outside to inside. I also have some that are
supposedly correct for the M-37 that appear to be the same size, but have
the "seams" on the inside and outside and the strap bracket is "U"-shaped
and the bolt goes through from side to side. I looked at several M-37's at
Iola and they all had this type corner bow, and most of the WC's there had
the first type described, although I did see one with the "U"-shaped strap
bracket. Just wanted to know which is correct for which truck before
offering them for sale.
Thanks,

Steve Shaw
'51 M-37 s/n 11547