Re: [MV] Vinyl Care

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 11:14:39 PDT

I am a museum curator and we use two grades of Novus for our plexiglass
display cases. One type is for polishing out scratches and the other is for
cleaning. This one has anti-static proprties as I recall which reduces dust
build-up.

On my 1944 MB with winter top/doors/side curtains I have to replace my
plastic windows as they are too yellowed, and one was broken before I got
the jeep. A local uphostery store which does car convertible windows says
they have the right plastic. Luckily on mine, the plastci windows BOLT in
with metal rims and are not sewn in!

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB