Re: [MV] battery # for M38A1

From: COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 12:38:59 PDT

Answering an OLD question. I still have the original army batteries that
were in my 1967 M38A1CDN2 jeep. Just went and measured one.

PRESTOLITE
BB 249/U
12 VOLT 45 AMP
Height to top of post (about 9") Casing is about 8-1/4" high.
Length: 10-1/4"
Depth: 5"

NATO stock number painted on it is 6140-21-881-3807

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor MAPLE LEAF UP (Est. 1977) newsletter
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB