Composite Light wiring

From: MThom15@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:17:34 PDT

    I want to thank all of you for helping me with my light problem. I tried
out every suggestion that was given to me, and after many hours of testing,
disconnecting, cleaning, etc., we finally found the problem. Like many of
you said, it had juice coming out of the socket when I used the voltage
meter, but when it was presented with a load, the voltage went with the least
path of resistance (ground), and the bulb wouldn't light, indicating a break
in the wire somewhere touching ground.
    We removed the passenger side light and switched it with the driver side,
and it worked perfectly, meaning the problem wasn't located in the light
assembly. Rather than tracing wires, we decided to use a long wire to bypass
the existing connections one at a time to isolate the section with the break.
 First we ran the wire from the light to the turn signal controller. The
light lit up. Now that I know where the break is, all that's left is to
remove all the black tape from that section of wire and repair it.
    I couldn't have found the problem so quickly without everyone's help.
Thanks again.

Matt

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Matt Thompson