Re: [MV] diesel m151

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 15:59:19 PDT

In a message dated 09/09/00 20:01:14 GMT Daylight Time, SETOYOTA@aol.com
writes:

<< The mutt looked home made to me. The suspension was very very crude bad
 welds etc. The only think that looked professional was the large speedo in
 the dash. I think the gauge was a jaguar or something like that. >>

Dear Listers.........
I still haven't seen any piccies of it, so I wouldn't like to pass judgement
about its authenticity, however, Jim (Gilmore) made a good point when he said
that he noticed the "BUDD" body tag on the vehicle (indicating a "Ford"
body). Why would a company like AM commandeer a Budd body for their
prototype? As they were the current supplier of M151A2s from 1972 onwards, it
would be likely that they would have used one of their own A2s for this rig.
Anyone know more?

Kind regards....
Ken