Re: [MV] MB Governor

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 06:35:48 PDT

>...... The French replaced the
>original Carter carbs by a more frugal Solex M32 PBIC "economy" and
>that was a governor in itself.. Anyone cares to elaborate?

Actually now that you mention it, there is a device, I beleive they call it
a velocity govenor, that fits between the carb and manifold. It has the same
shape as the gasket and is about an inch thick. A freind put one on a
beater CJ5 for the kids to drive around and keep the rpm's down. They are
commonly used on industrial trucks which is where he got it from. Of course
there is always the belt driven type which they did put on the agri-jeeps
didn't they????

je