bumper markings

From: puttnut (puttnut@tznet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 17:22:29 PDT

Hello.

My 1954 M38A1 has the following bumper markings:

left side:(looking at it facing you)

32-120F

Right side:

1-B-2

The same on the bumperettes.

Methinks the 32 is from Wisconsin, nicknamed the big red one (but wasn't
there a first armored div. also nicknamed that??) Their symbol is a red
vertical arrow.

Any ideas?

This jeep never had the white stars on it if that means anything. Was a
radio jeep exactly like the one on top of page 8 of the MVJ #13 (Japan),
even with the odd antenna mount in the center of the spare tire (how the
#@$& do you get the spare off with that mounted there?) If anybody out
there has those radios like those, I'll buy. Looks like 4 units.
Now I know what all those holes were in the body tub now that I welded them
up.

Scott