Re: [MV] M37 Tire/bumper changeover questions.

From: Brandon Kunicki (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:42:54 PDT

The larger diameter tires were probably used to get
increased road speed. You could probably sell the
whole conversion for more than the stock set-up costs.
You might want to offer the set-up for sale on the
Power Wagon Forum:
http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwboard/index.html

As to the bumper, try the local steel fabrication
yard. They would have all the equipment to bend it
back reasonably straight and are pretty competetive
price-wise. Another possibility is a frame
straightening shop. I'm not up on prices, but I bet
that a straight bumper is worth $200 or better. I dont
think the winch bumpers are as strong as the non-winch
bumper either. If you don't care if it is stock, you
could go to the steel yard and buy an extruded
C-channel or have them bend a channel up from plate
stock. With a little creative cutting and welding at
the ends, it would be hard to distinguish from
original. Tip: I reproduced the bumper for my 1/2 ton
WC for $35 at the local steel yard (material and
labor). Luckily, the 1/2 ton bumper was made as a bent
up C-channel from the factory, so it was a very simple
proposition.

Brandon

Right now I have