RE: [MV] Where to - WWII Bayonet re-leathered

From: Rayfield, Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/ANTEON (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 04:44:53 PDT

Pete,
I would presume you would be talking about the Bayonet, M4 for the Carbine,
.30 cal, M1 which is the only WW II bayonet that I know of with a layered
leather handle. Many manufacturers made them, and one of them, I think
Camillus Knife Company which has a current govt contract for similiar knives
(AF survival knife and MC combat knife) has been making M4 bayonet knives
for collectors - you might try them. Do not have an address at my finertips,
but you might try a web search.